CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, August 27, 2010

Smitten With These Cookies



A while back I purchased some old fashioned oats for a topping to the fruit crisp that I made. The oats are not a usual "find" in my pantry. So, when I had some left over, I knew I had to make some oatmeal cookies.

Once I decided what to make, I set out through my thousands of recipes and cookbooks to find the perfect recipe that I wanted to use. Not only did I find one of the best recipes to use, but it was not in my 30+ cookbooks or on my blog.

No, this recipe actually came from Smitten Kitchen's blog. They were quite easy and tasted great as well. I did not want a recipe that called for both brown and white sugar, so that is another reason I was drawn to this recipe.

Oatmeal Cookies:

1/2 cup butter
2/3 cup light brown sugar
1 egg
1/2 tsp. vanilla
3/4 cup all purpose flour
1/2 tsp. baking soda
1/2 tsp, cinnamon
1/4 tsp. salt
1 1/2 cups rolled oats
3/4 cup raisins
1/2 cup walnuts-I left these out

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Lightly grease 2 baking sheets. Using an electric mixer, cream together butter, brown sugar, egg, and vanilla. In another large bowl, combine the all purpose flour, baking soda, cinnamon, and salt. Pour the flour mixture into the butter mixture, incorporating the ingredients well. Stir in the rolled oats, raisins, and walnuts. Using a cookie scoop, drop mixture onto the prepared pans. Bake for 10 minutes. My cookies did very little spreading, so I placed them about an inch apart.

No comments:

Questions? Comments? Have a recipe to share? E-mail me!

myrecipecorner@gmail.com

LinkWithin

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin