CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, December 14, 2008

Holiday Cheer

Let me begin by saying that I do not care to drink eggnog. That does not mean I won't bake with it, at least not any more. I found several recipes for this since the holiday season is upon us, but in the end it was this recipe from Tina at Mommy's Kitchen that we liked best. Given that I almost felt desperate for real food since I was without it all week, I decided to try this and see what it was like. We both like it and would make it again.

Eggnog Bread:

2 eggs
1 1/4 cup sugar
1 3/4 cup eggnog
1 stick butter, melted
1/4 tsp. nutmeg
2 tsp. rum extract
1 tsp. vanilla
2 1/4 cup all purpose flour
2 tsp. baking powder
1/4 tsp. salt
1 small box instant french vanilla pudding
1 tsp. cinnamon (this was my addition)

Using an electric mixer, combine the eggs and sugar. Stir in eggnog, butter, spices, and extracts. Add the flour, salt, pudding, and baking powder. Combine well and pour into 2 greased loaf pans. Bake at 350 for 1 hour. Drizzle with glaze when cooled.

Glaze:

1 cup sifted powdered sugar
eggnog (enough to suit your desire for consistency)

Stir together until smooth.

No comments:

Questions? Comments? Have a recipe to share? E-mail me!

myrecipecorner@gmail.com

LinkWithin

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin