CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, July 20, 2008

How to Dress.......

...your slaw!!! Growing up, there was a local restaurant that served this dressing for their slaw. It has come to be that this is about the only dressing that I will willingly put on slaw. I mentioned before that I had a problem with consistency, thus lacking feeling for mayonnaise. Rest assured this is free of that. That is why I like it so much. My hometown is the only place that sells this. Unless we have been home to get some, I can't find it anywhere else. So James and I always make it or bring it back home.

Slaw Dressing:

1/2 cup sugar
1/4 cup white vinegar
1 Tbsp. lemon juice
2 Tbsp. finely chopped onion
1/3 cup ketchup
1 tsp. salt
1 teaspoon paprika
1/2 cup vegetable oil

Combine the first 7 ingredients in the blender. Combine well. With blender on high, add the oil slowly. Blend until thick. Chill before serving. Pour over finely shredded angel hair slaw. This will keep in an air tight container in the refrigerator for 1-2 weeks.

No comments:

Questions? Comments? Have a recipe to share? E-mail me!

myrecipecorner@gmail.com

LinkWithin

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin