CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, June 27, 2010

Smells Fishy in Here



This is a recipe that I remember from my childhood. James has developed a love of it now, so he requested it as soon as we arrived home from vacation. It really is so easy. In fact, I can't believe I am posting this, but we enjoy it too much not to include it on the blog.

Salmon Croquettes:

1 can red salmon
1 egg
1 1/2 sleeves of crackers, crushed

Drain the can of salmon. Preheat a skillet with a quarter inch of oil. Once you drain the salmon, transfer it to a bowl so that you can remove the little white bones. Mash the salmon with a fork. Slightly beat the egg and incorporate it into the salmon. I then crush the 1/2 sleeve of crackers and combine them into the mixture, but I never remember my mom doing this. Form the mixture into 4 large patties. I flatten mine like hamburger patties, but my mom always made hers round. Either way you prefer, they turn out great. Coat the outside of the patties with remaining sleeve of crushed crackers. Cook in the skillet until each side is browned, which is approximately 3-4 minutes on each side. ENJOY!

No comments:

Questions? Comments? Have a recipe to share? E-mail me!

myrecipecorner@gmail.com

LinkWithin

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin