CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, August 15, 2010

A"Peel"ing Bread



I looked and looked for this recipe on my blog, and could not find it. Then I realized I thought I had lost the recipe. Frantically, I called my mom, who had it in one of her cookbooks. Well, then I told myself I would post it on my blog so I would not lose it.

Sure enough, I looked again yesterday, and it appears as though I still never posted it. What is it, you ask? It is my all time favorite banana bread. Luckily, I had at least written the recipe down this time, so here it is! Now, I will have access any time I want to make this.

I used to make this every single weekend, but we have not had it in quite a while. So, it pleases me to no end to be able to tell you it is still just as good as I remembered, and maybe even better.

Banana Bread:

1/2 cup oil
1 cup sugar
2 eggs, beaten
3 bananas, mashed
2 cups self rising flour
3 Tbsp. milk
1/2 tsp. vanilla

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Combine the oil and sugar on low speed using your mixer. Beat the eggs, one at a time, and add them to the mixture. Mash the bananas and add then in, combining really well. Incorporate the flour while the mixer is on low, so you don't get flour all over yourself. Stir in the milk and vanilla.

Lightly grease and flour a loaf pan. Pour batter in, making sure it is evenly distributed. Bake for one hour until toothpick inserted comes out clean. Enjoy for breakfast, lunch, or a snack. It is sooooo good.

I will be linking this recipe to Mommy's Kitchen for Potluck Sunday.

No comments:

Questions? Comments? Have a recipe to share? E-mail me!

myrecipecorner@gmail.com

LinkWithin

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin