CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, April 11, 2009

South of the Border

During a recent excursion to Florida, I found this recipe in a local newspaper. It's truly a delicious dish!

Enchilada Casserole:

1 pound lean ground beef
1 large yellow onion, chopped
2 cups salsa
15-ounce can black beans, rinsed and drained
1/4 cup reduced fat Italian salad dressing
2 tablespoons taco seasoning
1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
6, 8-inch flour tortillas
3/4 cup sour cream
4 ounces shredded Mexican cheese blend


Heat oven to 400. Coat a three-quart baking dish with cooking spray. In large skillet over medium heat, saute beef and onion until meat is no longer pink. Drain meat, then stir in salsa, beans, salad dressing, taco seasoning and cumin. Arrange three tortillas in prepared baking dish. Spread half of meat mixture over tortillas, then top with half each of sour cream and cheese. Top with remaining tortillas, then repeat layering with remaining meat, sour cream and cheese. Cover and bake for 25 minutes. Uncover and bake for another 5-10 minutes, or until heated through.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yum,made something like this a few days ago. Wouldn't mind giving it ago again :)Hope you wont mind but I'd love to direct Foodista readers to your site, just add this little widget here and you're all set to go, Thanks!

Unknown said...

It's been awhile since I've visited your corner of the world and I see I've been missing out! This looks delish and I will be making it this weekend. I think I'll try corn tortillas, I have some in the freezer and I like the taste better than flour. I'll let you know how it turns out!
Cheers!

Questions? Comments? Have a recipe to share? E-mail me!

myrecipecorner@gmail.com

LinkWithin

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin