CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, July 26, 2008

Goin' Bananas

This yummy recipe is one that my sister in law, Kerrie, gave to me. I really do wish we were able to see James' family more. They live so far away from us. When we make this, we always think of them. I loved this dessert growing up, but again, I did not like for anyone to make this using eggs or with a meringue. That is why this is so perfect. It is also very easy and looks so pretty in a trifle bowl. Making this also brings back memories of when I wass little. My mom took me to get ingredients for this once, and then we locked ourselves out of the house! Don't ask. Fear not though, we were able to make it the next day. I remember it warm from the oven. This version is cold, but so good.

Banana Pudding:

1 1/2 cups cold water
14 oz. sweetened condensed milk
2/3 cup banana instant pudding powder
3 cups heavy cream
1 box Nilla wafers
3-4 medium bananas, thinly sliced

Blend cold water, condensed milk, and pudding powder together using an electric mixer on low for 1-2 minutes. Refrigerate for 4 hours until firm. After pudding mixture has set, whip cream until peaks form. Fold pudding into whipped cream. Place layer of Nilla wafers in bottom of trifle bowl. Cover with a thinly sliced layer of bananas, followed by a layer of pudding. Continue alternating layers. End with pudding as top layer. Garnish top with crushed wafers. Refrigerate for 30 minutes before serving.

No comments:

Questions? Comments? Have a recipe to share? E-mail me!

myrecipecorner@gmail.com

LinkWithin

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin