CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Cool Day? Warm Meal!

Today was fabulous, at least as far as the weather was concerned. It was cool and breezy, and I can think of nothing better to go with that than chili. I came across this very unusual recipe when my co workers and I submitted recipes for a cookbook. Some of my friends prefer to serve it over rice, but James prefers that we eat it without the rice. We serve it with cornbread.

Hearty Chili:

1/2 onion, finely diced
1 lb. lean ground beef
2 cans petite cut diced tomatoes, undrained
2 cans chili beans, undrained
1 can black beans, rinsed and drained
1 can cream of mushroom soup
1 tsp. chili powder

Brown and drain the ground beef and onion mixture. Return to warm pot and combine all other ingredients with meat mixture. Stir, cover, and simmer for 30 minutes. Top with shredded cheddar.

Despite the fact that there is no tomato sauce in this recipe, it really is very good. I was worried the first time that I made this. I feared that it woulod not be the "appropriate" chili color. I was surprised, and you will be too.

2 comments:

Kerrie @ TFK said...

I am obsessed with Chili. I have to eat it about every week. I like your twist, but I'm gonna have to find a sub for the cream of mushroom (not gf)

Susanne said...

Kerrie,

Could you use this instead of canned soup?

http://crockpot365.blogspot.com/2008/05/homemade-cream-of-mushroom-soup.html

Questions? Comments? Have a recipe to share? E-mail me!

myrecipecorner@gmail.com

LinkWithin

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin