CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, November 30, 2008

Hubby's Turn

Hi everyone! This is James. It's my turn to choose a recipe for my wife's blog, and today's dish is one that we received when she and I got married. Why am I choosing today's recipe? In short, because my wife has worked hard these last few days getting Thanksgiving dinner ready for family. Now that Thanksgiving and its leftovers have come and gone, and she is preparing to go back to work, it's my turn to step in.


Marinated Steak:

2 pounds round steak
1 2/3 cups Burgundy wine
1/2 cup oil
2 tablespoons minced onion
2 teaspoons thyme leaves
2 teaspoons salt
3/4 teaspoon minced garlic
1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper

Combine wine, oil, onion, thyme, salt, garlic and pepper. Mix well. Put meat in plastic bag, pouring marinade over meat to cover. Marinade at least 18 hours, turning occasionally. Broil meat 20 minutes on each side until desired doneness is reached. Broil meat over hot coals. Make a gravy from the marinade. Strain the marinade and combine with a cup of water and a package of brown gravy mix. Bring to boil and cook until slightly thickened.

No comments:

Questions? Comments? Have a recipe to share? E-mail me!

myrecipecorner@gmail.com

LinkWithin

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin