CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, July 18, 2008

Consistency

When most people hear the word consistency, they think having a certain routine and doing the same thing the same way. However, consistency has to do with my food too! I have a hard time downing anything that has no consistency....oatmeal, applesauce, jello, you get the point. So, it may come as a surprise that this recipe is liked, given the lack of consistency of one ingredient. My dear friend Lauren came for an out of state visit last weekend. Over lunch, she asked me if I had a recipe for this, and surprisingly I did. So, this recipe is for her.

Broccoli Cornbread

2 boxes Jiffy corn muffin mix
1 cup butter, melted
4 eggs, beaten
1 cup cottage cheese (Here is the consistency lacking ingredient)
1 cup finely chopped onion
1-10 oz. package frozen broccoli, thawed and water squeezed out

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease a 9 x 13 baking dish. Combine all ingredients in a mixing bowl. Spread into the greased pan and bake 35-40 minutes. Edges should be lightly brown, and a toothpick should come out clean.

No comments:

Questions? Comments? Have a recipe to share? E-mail me!

myrecipecorner@gmail.com

LinkWithin

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin