CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, November 10, 2008

Cranberry Creation

I am not a huge fan of eating cranberry sauce just by itself. However, when mixed with something else, I usually like it. So, when I found this recipe about a year and a half ago, I decided to try it. We liked it so well that it became a part of our holiday meal. For those of you wondering, yes, I did serve the traditional cranberry sauce as well. I think you will like this if you try it.

Frozen Cranberry Dream:

1 lb. can whole cranberries (I have used jellied cranberry sauce)
2 Tbsp. sugar
2 3oz. pkgs. cream cheese
1 cup Cool Whip
1, 8 1/2 oz. can crushed pineapple, drained
1 cup pecans (can substitute walnuts)

In a bender, pulse the cranberries. Add sugar and cream cheese, blending well. Add the nuts. Mix well. In a separate bowl, fold the pineapple into the Cool Whip. Then fold in the cranberry mixture. Pour this into a square pan or individual ramekins to freeze.

No comments:

Questions? Comments? Have a recipe to share? E-mail me!

myrecipecorner@gmail.com

LinkWithin

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin