CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, June 13, 2010

Summer Treat



This recipe dates back to my childhood. I remember my mom making this when we were growing up. My dad has always been a fan of anything with lemon in it, so this was a frequent favorite come summertime. It is so simple and is perfect when you want a light summer dessert. It comes from a cookbook from Miss Daisy's Tearoom in Franklin, Tennessee. Though I am fairly certain the tearoom isn't around anymore, this cookbook is still available. Enjoy!

This recipe is linked to Potluck Sunday on Mommy's Kitchen
Simply Sweet Home
Tidy Mom


Lemon Freeze:

15 ounce can evaporated milk, chilled
1 cup sugar
1/4 cup lemon juice
1/4 teaspoon lemon extract
2 drops yellow food coloring
1 box Graham cracker crumbs

Line 9 x 9 pan with graham cracker crumbs. Whip milk until it's thick. Add sugar, lemon juice, extract and food coloring. Mix and pour over crumbs. Freeze mixture, then cut into squares. Garnish with whipped cream.

2 comments:

Jerri at Simply Sweet Home said...

How yummy! I love lemon desserts!

Jerri at Simply Sweet Home said...

I'm featuring you for Friday Favorites this week. Come by and grab a featured buttong if you like!

Questions? Comments? Have a recipe to share? E-mail me!

myrecipecorner@gmail.com

LinkWithin

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin