CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Rest, Relaxation, and Rum Cake

The hubby and I have been away for a few days visiting his parents. I think that I previously mentioned in another post that they recently moved. They are now within driving distance to us. It was a fun and relaxing time for us all. The next time that we will see them will be during the holidays, which leads me to this post.

Last year, my coworkers and I had a silent dessert auction before the holidays to raise money for breast cancer awareness and research. The ladies I work with would have kindly knocked each other out to get to this cake. Surprisingly enough, I am the one who walked out the door that day with this cake. (Don't worry, I shared, and no one was hurt.) So, I always think about this cake whenever a holiday is approaching. It is so good, you can smell it from a mile away. I promise you will not be disappointed if you make this cake.

Butter Rum Cake:

1 pkg. Duncan Hines Butter Cake
1 box vanilla instant pudding
4 eggs
1/2 cup oil
1/4 cup water
1/2 cup rum

Mix all ingredients together. Before pouring into the greased and floured tube or bundt pan, put 1 cup chopped nuts in pan. Pour cake batter on top of the chopped nuts. Bake at 325 degrees for 55 to 60 minutes.

In a boiler pan:

Combine 1 stick butter
1/4 cup water
1 cup sugar
1/2 cup rum

Boil 3 minutes and then pour over the hot cake. Cool the cake in the pan before removing.

No comments:

Questions? Comments? Have a recipe to share? E-mail me!

myrecipecorner@gmail.com

LinkWithin

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin