CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Year Round Favorite

I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE pumpkin bread and/or muffins. I make them year round, but especially love them during the holiday season. I have no recollection where this recipe came from, but I would be crushed if something happened to it. I can hardly believe that I have not posted this before now.

Pumpkin Bread:

3 1/3 cups all purpose flour
2 tsp. baking soda
1 1/2 tsp. salt
1 tsp. cinnamon
1 tsp. ginger
1/2 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. cloves
1/2 tsp. nutmeg
1/2-1 tsp. pumpkin pie spice
2 2/3 cups sugar
2/3 cup oil
2 cups canned pumpkin
4 eggs
2/3 cup water

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Combine sugar, oil, eggs, and pumpkin together in a large bowl. In another large bowl, sift the flour. Add the salt, baking soda, baking powder, and spices. Add this to the pumpkin mixture. Stir in the water. Combine well. Pour into 2 well greased and floured loaf pans. Bake 1 hour. Check for doneness by inserting a toothpick into the middle of the bread. If it is not fully cooked, place it back into the oven for about 10 more minutes.

*You can also pour this into greased muffin tins. If you are making muffins, they only cook for approximately 30 minutes.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Yes, will try your recipe at home, hope it will be my favorite too.

JEWEL said...

Hi! I seen your blog listed on Foofblog and thought I would stop in.

Great blog and recipes! I have been looking for a good Pumpkin Bread recipes - so thanks!

Stop by if you have time ... leave feedback if you can!

http://sleeplessinwisc.blogspot.com

Questions? Comments? Have a recipe to share? E-mail me!

myrecipecorner@gmail.com

LinkWithin

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin