CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, September 2, 2008

It's Quiet In Here

I know it is late, but I miss my hubby. He is at work. It is quiet in here, and I can't sleep. Any time we go on a trip, I come home with a cookbook. I keep thinking about a precious cafe that we went to on our honeymoon. It seems like ages ago, yet I remember it like it was yesterday. The following recipe comes from the Fog Island Cafe cookbook.

Morning Crunch Granola:

1 pound rolled oats
4 ounces sliced almonds
4 ounces walnut pieces
1 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
1 1/2 tsp. cinnamon
1 orange, zested
3 ounces honey
3 ounces pure maple syrup
1 cup apple juice
4 ounces raisins

Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Mix together oats, nuts, coconut, cinnamon, and orange zest. Stir in syrup, honey, and apple juice. Combine well. Spread onto a sheet pan and distribute evenly. Bake 10 minutes or until top layer is golden brown. Remove from oven and stir so that mixture browns evenly. Return to oven. Repeat this process until all granola is browned and crispy. Remove from oven and allow to cool. Stir in raisins. Store in an airtight container. Serve with french vanilla yogurt and strawberries.

No comments:

Questions? Comments? Have a recipe to share? E-mail me!

myrecipecorner@gmail.com

LinkWithin

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin