CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, June 14, 2010

Mayberry Meets the Crock Pot



Growing up, my family watched countless episodes of Andy Griffith and we still do today. All these yesrs later, the show is still funny, and I still wish I lived in between Mayberry and Mayfield (Leave it to Beaver).

Yesterday, James and I watched a marathon of the show, ironically on the same day that we were making a new recipe from the Mayberry Cookbook. You see, every time we go on vacation, my souvenier is a cookbook. So, it was fun to find the Mayberry Cookbook last week. I am sure we will have a good time with that.

Even though pork chops aren't usually my first choce, hubby really likes them. So, this was our first trial recipe from the book. I have to say they turned out really well, and we will make this again. I would like to get away from using so many cans when I cook, so I might alternate with beef broth and Velveeta next time.

Mayberry Pork Chop Casserole in the Crock Pot:

4 pork chops
4 potatoes
2 cans cheddar cheese soup
2 cans french onion soup

Season the pork with salt and pepper and coat both sides in flour. Brown on both sides. (This is optional, but I did it). Cut the potatoes in thin slices. Combine all of the soup into the crock pot, turning it on low. Add the potato slices and top with the browned pork chops. Cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

This looks good. I will have to try it. Thanks for stopping by Welcome To My Kitchen. I am your newest follower. Follow me back also. Hope to get to know you better. Always nice to meet new blogging friends.

Questions? Comments? Have a recipe to share? E-mail me!

myrecipecorner@gmail.com

LinkWithin

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin