CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, September 13, 2008

Do you know the way to Santa Fe?

This is a recipe that I was first introduced to about 5 years ago, I guess. Then, it was given to me when James and I were married. It is one of our absolute favorites. I promise that you will not be sorry if you make this. It is still too hot for chili, so we opted for this instead. I also make this whenever I feel a little homesick. James and I live nowhere near our families. When we go home to visit my family, we often will have this for gatherings. This recipe feeds a lot of people. It also freezes well. This is better than any taco soup recipe we have come across.

Santa Fe Soup:

2 lbs. lean ground beef
1 onion, finely diced
1 oz. pkg Ranch style dressing mix
2 packets Taco Seasoning
1 can black beans, undrained
1 can pinto beans, undrained
1 can kidney beans, undrained
1 can Rotel tomatoes with green chilies
1 can petite cut diced tomatoes
2 cans white corn, undrained

Brown and drain the meat and onion. Stir in all seasoning packets. Follow with all cans of beans and vegetables. Stir together, cover, and allow to simmer for 30 minutes up to 2 hours. Garnish with shredded cheese.

1 comment:

Jersey Girl Cooks said...

I love mexican food and this soup sounds like a winner.

Questions? Comments? Have a recipe to share? E-mail me!

myrecipecorner@gmail.com

LinkWithin

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin