CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, November 9, 2008

Prelude to a Feast

Back in early October, I bought the Taste of Home Halloween Magazine. I love Taste of Home Magazine, and I buy just about every issue. I noticed this recipe and mentioned to hubby that we needed to try this. Then, I noticed that Crockpot Lady made it, and I knew we had to try it. We loved this, and it was so different. We will most likely be having this at Thanksgiving this year. I love to switch up the Thanksgiving side dishes from year to year, and I think everyone will like this. Crockpot Lady adapted this somewhat from the original version. I then took a step out from her modified version. If you have the Taste of Home Halloween magazine, you will find this on page 48. Thanks to Crockpot Lady, we now might have to purchase an additional crockpot before Thaksgiving approaches.

Crockpot Pecan Crusted Sweet Potatoes:

4 peeled and sliced (1/4 inch thick) sweet potatoes
1 can whole-berry cranberry sauce
1 cup nonfat evaporated milk
3/4 cup brown sugar
1 tsp vanilla extract
4 T butter
1 cup chopped pecans

Peel and slice the sweet potatoes and stack in the crockpot. Cover with the 3/4 cup of brown sugar. Spoon the cranberry sauce all over the top of the sugar and potatoes. Mix the 1 tsp of vanilla with the cup of milk, and pour over the sweet potatoes. Slice the butter into about 8 pieces. Dot it on top. Sprinkle pecans over the top. Cover and cook on high for 3-4 hours, or low for 5-6.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm not much of a fan of sweet potatoes and yams, but I loved this dish. I can't wait to have this again on Thanksgiving!

Susanne said...

Thank you, James. You are sweet, and I love you!

Questions? Comments? Have a recipe to share? E-mail me!

myrecipecorner@gmail.com

LinkWithin

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin