CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, August 21, 2008

Snowballs for any Season

I told you earlier it would be hectic this week. I am 1 for 4 in getting home before 6:30 p.m. I leave before 6:30 a.m. Then I came to the realization (after hubby reminded me) that I won't see him for the next 2 weeks due to his work. Oh well, that's life, and it happens to everybody. We will survive! So, I thought this little recipe would be appropriate for when anyone feels snowed under with many things to do.

Lemon Snowballs:

1 cup butter
1/2 cup powdered sugar
1 1/2 cup all purpose flour
3/4 cup cornstarch
2 tsp. grated lemon rind
1/4 tsp. salt
1 tsp. vanilla

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease cookie sheet. Cream the butter and powdered sugar. Sift the flour, cornstarch and salt into the mixture. Stir in lemon rind and vanilla. Mix well. Using a 1 inch cookie scoop, form dough into balls and bake for 15 minutes. Spoon glaze over tops of cookies.

Lemon Snowball Glaze:

1 stick melted butter
2 cups powdered sugar
2 Tbsp. fresh lemon juice

Combine all ingredients, mixing well. Using a teaspoon, spread glaze over warm snowballs.

No comments:

Questions? Comments? Have a recipe to share? E-mail me!

myrecipecorner@gmail.com

LinkWithin

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin