CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Is it Buffalo or is it Chicken?

One of my close friends at work refrerred me to a recipe that her family recently enjoyed. On the way through my search to find the recipe, I came across this instead. It looked so good that I had to post it. By the way, in an upcoming post, I will also give you the other recipe that I was originally looking for. For now, enjoy this! You can also find this recipe in the current issue of Family Circle.

Buffalo Chicken Dip:

2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cooked and shredded
6 Tbsp. hot sauce
8 oz. cream cheese, sliced into 1 inch chumks
1/2 cup Ranch or Blue Cheese dressing
1/2 cup shredded cheddar

Shred the cooked chicken. Place it in a skillet over medium heat along with the hot sauce. Heat through. Then add the cream cheese and dressing. Heat until well blended. Add 1/2 shredded cheese, stirring until melted. Place mixture in a serving dish. Top with remaining cheese. Serve warm with your choice of crackers.

2 comments:

Kerrie @ TFK said...

We make something similar for the crockpot....yummy.

KaitCav said...

I always make my Buffalo Chicken Dip with Swanson Chicken because canned chicken saves so much time and I think it improves the consistency too! Plus Swanson is made with only white meat (I know because I work for them)! Here's my version:
1 pkg. (8 oz.) cream cheese, softened
2 cans (9.75 oz each) Swanson® Premium Chunk Chicken Breast, drained
½ cup Frank’s ® RedHot ® Sauce
½ cup blue cheese salad dressing
½ cup crumbled blue cheese
Assorted fresh vegetables and/or crackers

Directions:
1. Stir cream cheese in 9” deep pie dish until smooth. Stir in remaining ingredients.
2. Bake at 350°F. for 20 min. until hot and bubbling. Stir. Serve with vegetables and crackers.

Tips:
Substitute ranch dressing for blue cheese dressing and shredded cheddar or mozzarella cheese for blue cheese crumbles.

Questions? Comments? Have a recipe to share? E-mail me!

myrecipecorner@gmail.com

LinkWithin

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin