CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, August 22, 2010

Fajita Fun



Oh my gosh!!!! You must RUN NOW to get the ingredients for these fajitas. They are sooooooo good!! Seriously, they are THAT good. You will not be disappointed if you make these. The only thing that disappoints me is that it had been so long since I had made them.

My parents originally gave me this recipe, but no one remembers where it came from. I assume I have had the recipe for at least 10 years. I had jotted it down on a piece of paper, only to forget about it for a very long time. Then, when I came across it again, I knew to transfer it to a recipe card and place it in my recipe box.

On Friday, we were looking to eat dinner at home, but wanted something different, something out of the ordinary. BINGO!!! These fajitas came right to mind. It also didn't hurt that my parents had recently mentioned having fajitas, albeit, they weren't THESE fajitas.

James loved, loved, loved them, and I could just kick myself for not having remembered them before now. Needless to say, we will be making up for lost time by having them again real, real soon.

Enjoy them as we did, and if you don't have the ingredients right now, then run, run run to get them. What are you waiting for? This should be your next meal. The picture likely doesn't do them justice, but trust me, and then come back to tell me you made them and let us know how you liked them.

Fabulous Fajitas:

1 lb. chicken strips-(pkg. will say "for fajitas")
1 Tbsp. lime juice
2 tsp. cumin
2 tsp. chili powder
1/4 tsp. salt
1/8 tsp. garlic powder
1/8 tsp. black pepper
1/8 tsp. ground red pepper
2 cups onions
red bell pepper
green bell pepper
yellow bell pepper
1 tsp. oil
small tortillas

In a large resealable bag, place the chicken and lime juice. Close the bag, allowing air to escape, and squeeze the lime juice into the chicken. Open the bag and add the salt, garlic powder, cumin, chili powder, black pepper, and ground red pepper. Seal the bag again, allowing excess air to escape. Again, rub the spices into the chicken, tossing the closed bag until everything is nicely mixed together. Place the bag into the refrigerator to marinate.

Chop the onion and peppers to desired size of your liking. We prefer ours to be extra small and thin, so I chop the heck out of mine. Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium heat, adding the onion and peppers. Cook a few minutes until they begin to soften. Add the chicken to the skillet, discarding any remaining liquid from the marinade. Cook the chicken until it is done and the onion and peppers reach your desired tenderness. This took about ten minutes for ours.

Place tortillas flat on a plate. Scoop about 2-3 pieces of chicken per tortilla. Add a spoonful of peppers and onion to each tortilla. Top with your choice of cheese. Fold tortilla over almost halfway. Eat and enjoy!!

You can also top your fajitas with sour cream, but we opted not to do so.

I will be linking this post to Mommy's Kitchen for Potluck Sunday.

1 comment:

Plain Chicken said...

I love fajitas and I am always looking for "THE" recipe. I'll give this a try next time.

Questions? Comments? Have a recipe to share? E-mail me!

myrecipecorner@gmail.com

LinkWithin

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin