CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Exciting Night

In honor of election night, I was going to post an all-American dessert. I will save that for another night. I am so engrossed in election news, that I stole this recipe from Kitchen Klique. Oh, and I also confess that it simply looked good, and I did not want to lose the recipe. So, I figured this was also a good way to keep track of it. Now, go make this and enjoy watching the election results while you eat!

Saltine Toffee Cookies

4 ounces saltine crackers
1 cup butter
1 cup dark brown sugar
2 cups semisweet chocolate chips
3/4 cup chopped pecans

Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Line cookie sheet with saltine crackers in a single layer,( cover cookie sheet with aluminum foil, then spray with cooking spray.) In a saucepan combine the sugar and the butter. Bring to a boil for three minutes. Immediately pour over saltines and spread to cover crackers completely. Bake at 400 degrees for 5-6 minutes. Remove from oven and sprinkle chocolate chips over the top. Let sit for five minutes. Spread melted chocolate and top with chopped nuts. Cool completely and break into pieces. (Cool in fridge.)

1 comment:

"Intentionally Katie" said...

Oooooh, I've had these and they're good!

Questions? Comments? Have a recipe to share? E-mail me!

myrecipecorner@gmail.com

LinkWithin

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin