CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, February 7, 2010

Hearty Breakfast



Well, It's hard to believe Super Bowl Sunday is already here. Somehow, hubby and I seem to use this day as an excuse to eat whatever we want. So, to kick it off, no pun intended, we made this adapted recipe from Sister's Cafe.

Peanut Butter Pancakes:

1 1/4 cup flour
2 Tablespoons sugar
2 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
1 1/4 cups milk (I added much more, until the batter was pretty thin)
1/3 cup peanut butter (I added an extra Tablespoon or 2)
3 Tablespoons melted butter (I left this out)
1 egg

Combine the dry ingredients in one bowl, setting aside. In another bowl, beat the egg and then add the milk and peanut butter, whisking until smooth. Add the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients. Butter a pan or griddle , heated to medium high. Spoon by quarter cupfuls onto your griddle. Cook for 3 minutes per side.

*By the time I finished adding milk, it was likely close to 2 cups. It was super thin, but that was the way we liked them.

**I had read a previous comment by someone who said they could not taste the peanut butter, so I added the extra couple of Tablespoons. Also, crunchy peanut butter was all I had, but we liked the hint of nuts in the pancakes.

No comments:

Questions? Comments? Have a recipe to share? E-mail me!

myrecipecorner@gmail.com

LinkWithin

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin