CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, March 13, 2010

Dressing Up Your Chicken



My sweet cousin sent me this recipe, and it was phenomenal. James and I both loved it. I made some slight changes to accomodate for what I had. Either way, it's easy and fabulous. This is a Paula Deen recipe, and I ADORE her, as most of you likely already know. Instead of layering the ingredients like the recipe calls for, I became impatient and just mixed everything together.

Cheesy Chicken and Dressing Casserole

2 Tablespoons olive oil
3 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1/2 inch pieces
1 onion, chopped
3 cloves garlic, minced
8 oz pkg shredded mozzarella cheese-I used triple cheddar
10.75 oz can cream of mushroom soup-I used cream of chicken
1/4 cup whole milk
6 oz pkg chicken-flavored stuffing mix
5 tablespoons butter, melted

Preheat oven to 350 and spray 9x13 baking dish with nonstick spray.

In a large skillet, heat oil over med-high heat. Add chicken and cook stirring occassionally until chicken is lightly browned and cooked through. Using a slotted spoon, remove chicken from pan and place in baking dish.

Reduce heat to medium. Add onion and garlic to skillet and cook 4 to 5 minutes until they are tender. Spread onion mixture evenly over chicken. Top evenly with cheese.

In a small bowl, combine soup and milk and pour mixture over cheese.

In a medium bowl, combine stuffing and melted butter. Sprinkle evenly over cheese. Bake at 25 to 30 minutes, or until hot and bubblly.

No comments:

Questions? Comments? Have a recipe to share? E-mail me!

myrecipecorner@gmail.com

LinkWithin

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin