CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Man Food With A Twist

I found this recipe on Crockpot Lady's blog. I knew we had to try it immediately. Now, hubby LOVES roasts and any kind of potatoes, but I wasn't sure how he was going to feel about this one. Much to my surprise, he was saying how good it was before I could even eat any. We will be making this again, and maybe even with pork next time.

Cranberry Roast:

1/2 onion, thinly sliced
1, 2-4 lb roast
2 Tbsp. soy sauce
1 can whole bery cranberry sauce
flour for dusting
salt and pepper

Cover the roast with a sprinkle of salt and pepper on each side. Dredge each side of the roast lightly in flour. Heat a tablespoon or 2 of butter in the skillet, and brown the roast on all sides. Place the rings of onion in the crockpot. Place the roast on top of the onions. Pour the butter and dripings over the roast. Next add the 2 Tbsp. of soy sauce, just pouring over the top of the roast. Dispense the cranberry sauce on top of the roast. Cook on low for 5 -6 hours. This is so good. Can't wait to make the pork version. ENJOY!!!!

2 comments:

Mindy said...

I am definitely going to try this! I've been looking for a new crockpot roast recipe. I think I have all the ingredients, too. Perfect. :)

Mindy said...

I have to laugh b/c when I went to make this the second time, I couldn't remember which blog I had gotten it off of. But I remembered the title "Man Food With a Twist" and googled. It popped right up! THank you for a fab recipe. I loved it!

Questions? Comments? Have a recipe to share? E-mail me!

myrecipecorner@gmail.com

LinkWithin

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin