CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Many Memories

This recipe takes me back to my childhood. I remember several visits to the restaurant that introduced me to these yummy little muffins. They can be served alongside any meal or simply as a snack. I have been making them for probably close to 25 years.

Raisin Bran Muffins
1 15 oz. box Raisin Bran cereal
3 cups sugar
5 cups all purpose flour
5 tsp. baking soda
2 tsp. salt
4 eggs
1 cup vegetable oil
1 quart buttermilk
2 tsp. vanilla extract
1 tsp. ground cinnamon
1 tsp. ground cloves
1 tsp. ground nutmeg

Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Mix dry ingredients in very large bowl. Stir in remaining ingredients. Mix very well as this will be a lot of batter. Fill greased muffin tins 2/3 full. Bake 15 minutes. Serve with butter. This batter will keep in an airtight container in the refrigerator for 2 weeks.

No comments:

Questions? Comments? Have a recipe to share? E-mail me!

myrecipecorner@gmail.com

LinkWithin

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin