CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, June 29, 2010

A Little Twist



Okay, the picture is not the greatest, but you have to try this. I took my two favorite squash recipes and combined them. I do not like eggs in my squash like so many casseroles call for, so I changed things up a bit.

Twisted Squash:

4-6 squash-washed and thinly sliced
1/2 onion, chopped
1/2 cup sour cream
1 cup crushed crackers plus more for topping
2 large Tbsp. pimento cheese
dash of salt, pepper, and garlic powder
1 stick butter melted

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Boil the sliced squash with chopped onion and a dash of pepper until tender. Drain thoroughly. Combine squash and onion mixture in another bowl with sour cream, 1 cup of crackers, pimento cheese, salt, pepper, and garlic powder. Pour into lightly greased casserole dish. Top with crushed crackers. Pour melted butter over cracker mixture. Bake for 35 minutes.

No comments:

Questions? Comments? Have a recipe to share? E-mail me!

myrecipecorner@gmail.com

LinkWithin

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin