CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, December 12, 2010

Who Needs Chocolate When You Can Have Peanut Butter


My mom always made this when I was growing up, and I finally made some for hubby. This was always my grandfather's favorite candy, and we still love it today. I was in the mood for something sweet the other night, so when we made this, I cut it into absolute bite size pieces, and it makes a ton!


Peanut Butter Fudge:
2 cups sugar
5 0z. evaporated milk
3 Tbsp. peanut butter
1 tsp. vanilla
1 Tbsp. butter


Bring the sugar and evaporated milk to a boil in a heavy saucepan. Stir rapidly and allow mixture to boil for 4-5 minutes. Remove mixture from the heat. Drop in the peanut butter, vanilla, and butter. Allow mixture to cool a few minutes before you stir it all up, but be careful not to let it sit so long that it gets too stiff. Pour onto a greased plate and let set. You can refrigerate to speed the process along.

When I make chocolate fudge, I always pour the mixture into a prepared baking pan to allow it to set. However, the peanut butter fudge always gets poured onto a regular plate because that has been the tradition since my grandfather was young. Why mess with a formula that works, right?

I will link this to Mommy's Kitchen.

No comments:

Questions? Comments? Have a recipe to share? E-mail me!

myrecipecorner@gmail.com

LinkWithin

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin