CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, December 2, 2010

New Favorite




Sweet Potatoes are a favorite of mine. I don't care if they are mashed, smashed, glazed, baked, or roasted. I love them all. Although, I have never really had that all time "favorite" go to recipe. That is, until now.

For Thanksgiving, I decided to make Pioneer Woman's Soul Sweet Potatoes, and I am so glad I did!!!! This will now be my "go to" recipe when I want sweet potatoes. Everyone loved them, and I think you will too.


4 Sweet Potatoes
1 cup sugar
1 cup Milk
2 eggs
1 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
1 teaspoon Salt
1 cup Brown Sugar
1 cup Pecans
1/2 cups Flour
3/4 stick of Butter


Wash 4 medium sweet potatoes and bake them in a 400 degree for one hour. When they are cool, slice them open and scoop the flesh into a large bowl.

Add 1 cup of sugar, 1 cup of milk, 2 eggs, 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract and 1 teaspoon of salt. With a potato masher, mash them until mixture is smooth.

In a separate bowl, add 1 cup brown sugar, 1 cup pecans, chopped, 1/2 cup flour, and 3/4 stick of butter. With a pastry cutter or fork, mash together until thoroughly combined.

Spread the sweet potato mixture into a greased baking dish and sprinkle the crumb mixture over the top.

Bake at 400 degrees for 30 minutes until golden brown.

No comments:

Questions? Comments? Have a recipe to share? E-mail me!

myrecipecorner@gmail.com

LinkWithin

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin