CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Election Day Treats



Hubby and I use any holiday or special occasion to send treats to work with him. Last week was no exception with Election Day. I wanted something different from my usual go to choices. So, when I found this recipe, I knew it was one I wanted to try. It turned out to be a hit, and I would make these again. This recipe turned out the softest cookies I believe I have ever made.


Super Soft Sour Cream Sugar Cookies:

1 cup butter
1 cup sugar
1 cup sour cream
2 eggs
1 tablespoon vanilla
1 teaspoon almond extract
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
pinch of salt
1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
4 cups flour

Frosting:
4 cups powdered sugar (I used only 2.)
1 teaspoon vanilla
4 tablespoons milk
1/2 cup shortening (I used 8 oz. cream cheese instead.)
1 1/2 cups butter (I used only 1/2 cup.)

Cream together softened butter with sugar, sour cream and eggs. Add vanilla, almond extract, baking powder, baking soda, salt and nutmeg. Slowly add flour, 1 cup at a time. Dough should be sticky. Refrigerate one hour.

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. On a floured board, roll out dough and cut with cookie cutters. I had 24 cookies. Bake for 10 minutes. Frost and enjoy.

This recipe comes from Sister's Cafe.

No comments:

Questions? Comments? Have a recipe to share? E-mail me!

myrecipecorner@gmail.com

LinkWithin

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin