CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, February 10, 2010

BRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR



I realize that those of you who live in areas where you are currently inundated with snow do not sympathize with my plight that it was a bit cold today. Although I love cold weather and snow, I am far from envious of those who are without power and have four feet of snow on their roof. I found this recipe the other day on Forever Folding Laundry's blog, and we tried it tonight. It was yummy and you should give it a try.

Creamy Tomato Basil Bisque:

4 tomatoes (I used canned)
4 cups tomato juice
1 cup heavy cream
1/2 stick butter
pinch of salt and pepper
basil (The recipe calls for 14 fresh leaves which I did not have. I used the jarred)

Combine the tomatoes and juice in a Dutch oven for 30 minutes. Puree the mixture in a food processor. Return to pot, adding cream, salt, pepper, and basil. Heat through. Enjoy!!!!

No comments:

Questions? Comments? Have a recipe to share? E-mail me!

myrecipecorner@gmail.com

LinkWithin

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin